Driving Leadership Potential
As an enterprising, high-achieving professional, you know how vital it is to constantly explore new avenues that accelerate your career and present you with new opportunities for growth. In an invigorating learning forum, IESE’s Driving Leadership Potential program will expand your horizons and help you achieve your objectives.
Over a span of six months, the program imparts an exceptional blend of online and face-to-face content that will enlarge your long-term outlook while equipping you with actionable insights that you can immediately apply at work.
MAY 3, 2019
6 self-paced online modules
(4-6 hours of work)
6 on-campus modules
DRIVE ALONG A FLEXIBLE ROUTE
The Driving Leadership Potential program will equip you with the vital skills and vision to excel in complex, fast-paced environments. Get ready for an energizing expedition that will open your eyes to new possibilities and prepare you to better navigate your future.
Self-paced online modules
(4-6 hours per milestone)
Each milestone starts with a foundational online “discovery” phase that requires four to six hours of dedication. This phase lays a robust theoretical foundation through a combination of video lectures and academic materials.
Six face-to-face modules at IESE New York
(1.5 days per month)
IESE’s New York campus in midtown Manhattan offers the venue for the 1.5-day modules of the “discuss” phase, held all day Friday and Saturday until 1:45 pm. Bridging theory and practice, these sessions will reinforce your existing knowledge base with a mix of case studies, teamwork, lectures, experiential exercises and social activities.
Personalized leadership growth journeys
(running throughout the program)
Running throughout the program is the “doing” phase, a customized development track that reflects your explicit objectives and provides a platform to forge your personal brand, catalyze your growth and enrich your professional network.
STRUCTURE AND CALENDAR
Delivered over six months, the Driving Leadership Potential program strategically blends online and face-to-face learning to elevate your understanding of core management functions and leadership tenets.
The program begins in May 2019 with an online welcome session. Completion of online pre-courses is necessary to advance to the next milestone.
ONLINE: May 3-16, 2019 (4-6 hours of work)
NEW YORK CAMPUS: May 17-18, 2019
This milestone starts with a synchronous live online program introduction session, followed by an online module on “Decision Making”, giving you a six-step methodology to help solve business problems.
During the face-to-face module, you will bolster your ability to lead and inspire others to achieve strategic objectives while continuing to elevate your coaching ability.
Driving Business Performance
ONLINE: May 20 – June 13, 2019 (4-6 hours of work)
NEW YORK CAMPUS: June 14-15, 2019
This milestone starts with an online module on “Accounting”, equipping you with the literacy to read and interpret financial statements for business diagnosis and decision making.
During the face-to-face module, you will build on your knowledge of managerial accounting and develop insights to leverage financial data when making strategic decisions.
ONLINE: June 17 – July 11, 2019 (4-6 hours of work)
NEW YORK CAMPUS: July 12-13, 2019
This milestone starts with an online module on “Operational Finance”, helping you to understand the financial consequences of managerial decision on operations, marketing, etc.
During the face-to-face module, you will sharpen your critical thinking skills in a variety of competitive contexts.
ONLINE: July 15 – Sept 12, 2019 (4-6 hours of work)
NEW YORK CAMPUS: Sept. 13-14, 2019
This milestone starts with an online module on “Operations”, teaching you how to analyze and improve business processes and productivity.
During the face-to-face module, you will transform your ideas into sustainable business models .
ONLINE: Sept. 16 – Oct. 10, 2019 (4-6 hours of work)
NEW YORK CAMPUS: Oct. 11-12, 2019
The milestone starts with an online module on “Marketing Fundamentals”, giving you the tools to explore how to identify and classify customers and how they make purchasing decisions.
During the face-to-face module, you will expand your grasp of digitization and its disruptive impact on business models, revenue streams and customer behavior.
Effective Communication and Negotiation
ONLINE: Oct. 14 – Nov. 7, 2019 (4-6 hours of work)
NEW YORK CAMPUS: Nov. 8-9, 2019
The milestone starts with an online global challenge strategy simulation game with the objective of improving understanding of the global business operations of a firm in a dynamic, competitive environment.
During the face-to-face module, you will Increase your capacity to inspire, persuade and influence others to optimize your organizational impact.
JOIN THE JOURNEY
The DLP program is designed for talented, high achieving professionals with a minimum of 10-15 years of work experience.
Typical participants include:
- Mid-level managers and directors preparing to take over senior leadership responsibilities
- High-potential professionals primarily based in New York and nearby states
- Professionals with diverse areas of expertise – lawyers, engineers, managers and entrepreneurs, etc. – who work in any type of business context: B2C, B2B, non-profit
- Next-generation leaders preparing to take in family-owned firms
“IESE helps create a pathway for you, beginning while you are still on active duty, building on your unique background and challenging you to maximize your career potential.”
MATTHEW LARKINMATTHEW LARKIN, NAVY OFFICER
IESE GLOBAL EXECUTIVE MBA ’15 CLASS PRESIDENT
“The mix of academic methodologies and blend of online and on-campus learning was one of the DLP’s clear strengths. The professors combined lectures, dynamic activities and teamwork to illustrate the content and get us to think about it from new angles. The ‘leadership journey’ was another great framework because it required me to think more strategically about developing my leadership skills and designing an action plan to move forward.”
KATHERINE DUBOISKATHERINE DUBOIS, USA
Vice President of Business Strategy, Tommy Hilfiger (PVH)
“The DLP was really positive both in terms of the academic experience and the people I met. Our class reflected a range of cultures, countries and professional profiles, from investment, HR and marketing specialists based in the tri-state area to an R&D manager from San Salvador and an engineering analyst from Ottawa. My professional network is now far richer than I could have imagined.”
VINCENT BAUDELOTVINCENT BAUDELOT, USA
Head of Research and Direct Investments, Stelac Advisory Services
“The program content piqued my interest right away and the flexible learning format sealed the deal. We’re all really busy at this stage in our careers, but the combination of self-paced remote learning alternating with the on-campus sessions was totally manageable.”
CANDACE RENFROWCANDACE RENFROW, USA
Head of Global Key Talent Programs, Merck
“The DLP was a game-changing experience for me and the program faculty were a big part of it. Our class represented a wide array of academic and professional backgrounds. The professors were great at engaging everyone and boiling concepts down to their essence to make sure we were all on the same page.”
NICHOLAS WELLSNICHOLAS WELLS, USA
Head of Investment Risk, Americas Schroders
ADMISSIONS AND FEES
- The program fee of $14,500 includes:
• Assessments: MBTI, 360°, Optimal Work
• Reading and classroom material
• Most meals
• Social activitiesThis fee does not include travel or accommodation.
A deposit is required within two weeks of acceptance to reserve a seat. Full tuition fee is due April 3, 2019.Apply now here
- Upon completing the DLP program, you will join a dynamic alumni network comprised of more than 45,000 global executives. With 30 regional chapters around the world, the IESE Alumni Association serves as a vital link to the IESE community and a channel for lifelong learning through continuous education sessions, career development services, reunions and networking events.
- IESE Business School is committed to supporting U.S. military service members and veterans to take on leadership roles in the business world. Whether just beginning to think about your transition from active duty or already moved forward, it is essential to capitalize on the skillset you already have.The key to your success now is building on your leadership ability. To compete in the global marketplace, you need to gain the business acumen that will equip you to deal with a myriad of challenges, from functional knowledge to organizational culture. IESE programs help you expand your leadership skills and business knowledge to put you on the fast track to achieving your goals.• As part of IESE’s commitment to military, tuition discounts are offered to accepted candidates
• We also work with you to find funding for the Driving Leadership Potential program
BENEFITS FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION
- The DLP program heightens the performance, agility and business acumen of top employees and helps your company retain stellar talent.
- Up-to-the-minute applied theory and frontline insights from professors, practitioners and peers broaden participants’ perspectives and improves critical-thinking and analytical skills.
- An emphasis on inspirational leadership and solid communication prepares high-potentials to unite others around common objectives and drive strategic priorities.
- The blended learning format limits time away from the office to one day a month.